Reply To: Impact of covid-19 on the post-merger integration process

Stephane Hetroy
Participant

Hi Jesslyn, I do assume that yes at the beginning of the pandemy a slow down on the PMI process was perhaps observed but i have heard of solutions to move forward that really surprised me. In one case, a company (advisor) worked really on the technological solutions side to be able to improve the sites visits before or after acquisition (For example software application connected with drones controlled only by the advisor and visiting the sites with the target and the target not being allowed to block or hide parts). The main issue that I do feel during covid it s on the cross-cultural exchanges and integration, online is really not the same as meeting physically, especially to clear hurdles at the beginning of the process. The use of big data and top technologies will help the integration for sure but I do assume that the lack of physical meetings especially at the beginning or on key milestones will slow down a bit the process (you can not really read the body language of 15 people of screen or when they switch off their cameras or when they are many in a room…). I assume we do not know yet the full list of long term effects (+ or -). It just makes thing a bit more complicated but not impossible. We adapt to the environment.
The article below could potentially interest you (See page 6 paragraph 3.3 Impact of COVID-19 on M&A Process, and page 9 Digitalization of M&A Activity) “Impact of COVID-19 on Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructurings” Chokri Kooli, and Melanie Lock Son, MDPI August 2021
https://www.mdpi.com/2673-7116/1/2/8

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs