Advanced Valuation with Crystal Ball
with Dr. John Charnes
vienna | 10 & 11 oct. 2018
Executives, managers, and analysts are facing increasing pressure to make the right decisions in times of information overload and big data. Imagine being able to leverage historical data in estimating scenarios and to simulate what-if-scenarios over a million times in only a few minutes? With Crystal Ball you can. Crystal Ball is the leading spreadsheet-based application for predictive modeling, forecasting, simulation, and optimization.
The Advanced Valuation with Crystal Ball training, focusing specifically on corporate finance, investments, and derivatives, teaches participants to use Oracle’s Crystal Ball as a tool for better predictive modeling. In this 2-day training, participants will actively learn how to use this tool and take full advantage of its functionality and features.
Participants are expected to come prepared with their own laptops.
- Introduction to Stochastic Modeling
- Building a Stochastic Model
- Input Specification
- Stochastic Optimization
- Selecting Run Preferences
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Portfolio Models and Value at Risk
- Modeling Financial Time Series
- Financial Option Valuation
- Real Options and Credit Risk
About Dr. Charnes
With over thirty years of experience in applied statistical methods and predictive modeling, Dr. John Charnes is the leading expert on Crystal Ball based stochastic analysis and modeling. Since leaving Bank of America as a senior vice president in 2011 to work on the second edition of his book, Financial Modeling with Crystal Ball and Excel, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., he has been working as an independent consultant and owner of JC Analytics, L.L.C.
Dr. Charnes’ teaching experience includes fellowships and assistant professorships at the Universities of Florida, Washington, Minnesota and Kansas, often covering topics such as risk analysis computer simulation, statistics, operations, and quality management.
Who attends our trainings?
The advanced valuation training is attended by a wide variety of professionals in the financial arena, most notably: financial and fund analysts, risk analysts, credit and market analysts, quantitative analysts, financial engineers, treasury analysts and individuals with a background in statistics aspiring to become financial analysts.
- Fee: €1000
- Group discounts available
- Two-day intensive workshop
- Small classroom setting
- Networking with industry professionals and faculty
- Upon completion, the participants receive a certificate of completion
- Six-month IMAA membership included IMAA eLibrary access included with membership
- All course materials, as well as meals and snacks, are provided during the course
- Access to Dr. Charnes’ book, Financial Modeling with Crystal Ball and Excel through the eLibrary
- Refine simulation design
- Improve financial and operational performance
- Understand and apply various simulation methods
- Build and customize more effective models
- Strengthen forecast analyzation
- Gain Crystal Ball assumption selection, variable input and preference run experience